Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing apple ID accounts

If I purchase an app in the appstore and my friend wants to get it on their device as well is it okay for me to give my apple ID account to the person so they can download it on their device and then they will log out after?

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 7:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 8:13 AM

No, that is technically illegal. Your AppleID purchases cannot be freely distributed by you. That person needs to purchase their own license to use that app by buying it themselves with their own AppleID. Not to mention if someone else knows your AppleID and password, they also have access to all your Apple service accounts - iCloud, FaceTime, iMessage, etc.

Family sharing allows sharing of apps as long as someone is a member of the family group. It doesn’t transfer ownership of the license though and when someone leaves a family group, they loose access to shared content until they buy it themselves. But if you’re not part of a family group you could create one and share purchases with this person -> Family Sharing - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2021 8:13 AM in response to sunsun_

No, that is technically illegal. Your AppleID purchases cannot be freely distributed by you. That person needs to purchase their own license to use that app by buying it themselves with their own AppleID. Not to mention if someone else knows your AppleID and password, they also have access to all your Apple service accounts - iCloud, FaceTime, iMessage, etc.

Family sharing allows sharing of apps as long as someone is a member of the family group. It doesn’t transfer ownership of the license though and when someone leaves a family group, they loose access to shared content until they buy it themselves. But if you’re not part of a family group you could create one and share purchases with this person -> Family Sharing - Apple

Sharing apple ID accounts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.