Related Article: What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS?

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to retrieve deleted messages

i accidentally deleted a message today that i recieved lastnight around 8 central time. i really need the number the message came from because our sons dog was found by these people and i got to get ahold of them so we can get our sons dog back

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 3:14 PM

You cannot recover a deleted text message. If you do NOT use messages in iCloud, you may be able to find the message on a different connected device. You could also restore from a backup that would include the message (perhaps you back up every night?). https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204215

And, even easier, your carrier likely has the information readily available to you.

Eg. in AT&T, log into your account, go to billing and usage > see usage details > text > view more detail on the line

a registry of every call and text appears with the associate number. Most every carrier should have a similar pen registry available to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2021 3:14 PM in response to travisyng2

You cannot recover a deleted text message. If you do NOT use messages in iCloud, you may be able to find the message on a different connected device. You could also restore from a backup that would include the message (perhaps you back up every night?). https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204215

And, even easier, your carrier likely has the information readily available to you.

Eg. in AT&T, log into your account, go to billing and usage > see usage details > text > view more detail on the line

a registry of every call and text appears with the associate number. Most every carrier should have a similar pen registry available to you.

how to retrieve deleted messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.