I want to find a text that I delete it

I need to get a number from my messages that I deleted

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 1:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2023 1:20 PM

If you have updated to iOS 16, check if you can find the message in Recently Deleted.

1. Open the Messages app and tap Edit in the top right corner, select: Show Recently Deleted

2. Mark the messages you want to recover and tap: Recover.

Note that, after 30-40 days the messages are automatically deleted. Once the messages are deleted, they can no longer be recovered.

You can find more information here:

Recover deleted text messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2023 1:20 PM in response to Jimmymatos

If you have updated to iOS 16, check if you can find the message in Recently Deleted.

1. Open the Messages app and tap Edit in the top right corner, select: Show Recently Deleted

2. Mark the messages you want to recover and tap: Recover.

Note that, after 30-40 days the messages are automatically deleted. Once the messages are deleted, they can no longer be recovered.

You can find more information here:

Recover deleted text messages on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Apr 16, 2023 1:27 PM in response to Jimmymatos

Hello Jimmymatos!

If you can’t find the message by following Bob Timmons’ and JS-fromDK’s instructions, then please review TheLittles’ very helpful reply in this thread, as you may be able to restore the message from iCloud: I need to get back deleted messages - Apple Community.

Also see: Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Apr 16, 2023 1:23 PM in response to Jimmymatos

If you have iOS 16 installed on the phone, you can recover a message for up to 30 days after it has been deleted

Tap Settings

Tap Messages

Tap Edit in the upper left corner of the screen

Tap Show Recently Deleted

Tap to select the message you want to Recover

Tap Recover at the lower right of the screen

If the message is not there.......it is gone. You either don't have iOS 16 installed, or it has been more than 30 days since the message was deleted.

Apr 16, 2023 1:42 PM in response to H1290

Trying to recover a message from iCloud is possible.......IF.......the phone was backing up automatically to iCloud.......AND.......somehow, no more backups occurred after the message was deleted.

If a backup occurred after the message was deleted, the message deletion would be picked up on the next backup and the message would be deleted from iCloud.

So, nothing to restore 99.99% of the time, which the "advice" to restore from a backup rarely, if ever mentions.

I want to find a text that I delete it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.