Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV output to the Homepod

I have been struggling to connect a homepod speaker (mini) to the Apple TV (4K), and failed at last. My Apple TV is connected to the internet both via cable and wirelessly (surely same wireless with the homepod).

Long story short, the Apple TV can produce sound in the homepod ONLY WHEN not connected to cable internet. With a cable internet connected, it loses connection to the homepod immediately. I don't understand. Does everybody use Apple TV both with wire and wirelessly at a same time?

Please help. Thank you.

Younsuk.

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 11:18 PM

This seems to be a router issue. Your ethernet (cable) connection might not be treated as the same network as the wifi. You may need to contact the router supplier for advice.

I am currently listening to music with an ATV 4K connected by ethernet cable and (large) Homepods connected by wifi. I can see the connections in my router settings.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 27, 2021 11:18 PM in response to younsuk03

This seems to be a router issue. Your ethernet (cable) connection might not be treated as the same network as the wifi. You may need to contact the router supplier for advice.

I am currently listening to music with an ATV 4K connected by ethernet cable and (large) Homepods connected by wifi. I can see the connections in my router settings.

Apple TV output to the Homepod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.