Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV HD and HomePod mini

I cannot seem to get the sound from my Apple TV HD to send automatically to my HomePod mini. What’s more is, when i set it manually (each time I use my tv) it cuts out intermittently and I end up with no sound at all. My internet speed is a stable 30mb/s so I’m sure it’s not that. Any ideas?

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

Posted on Feb 17, 2021 3:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2021 8:37 AM

Setting as default requires a standard HomePod and an Apple TV 4K. The mini will be used the same as any other airplay speaker and it would need to be set each time. Intermittent cut outs would happen when there is an issue with the connection, and it would due to the local network so internet connection isn't relevant to that.

If the Apple TV is on Wifi try connecting it via ethernet

To check the current status of the network get a report using istumbler, netstumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2021 8:37 AM in response to austintaylor1984

Setting as default requires a standard HomePod and an Apple TV 4K. The mini will be used the same as any other airplay speaker and it would need to be set each time. Intermittent cut outs would happen when there is an issue with the connection, and it would due to the local network so internet connection isn't relevant to that.

If the Apple TV is on Wifi try connecting it via ethernet

To check the current status of the network get a report using istumbler, netstumbler or similar. Look for signal strength, noise, nearby networks

Apple TV HD and HomePod mini

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.