Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV to homepod audio drops out

I want to use my Homepod to play audio while I watch something thru Apple TV. The audio starts fine, but after a few minutes, the audio drops out (no sound). What's going on?

Apple TV 4, tvOS 13

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 7:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 12:53 PM

Hi blkbassenator,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble with AirPlay audio between your Apple TV and HomePod. I know how convenient it is to be able to use this feature with your devices; I'd like to help. When the audio drops out when you're using AirPlay, does the Apple TV still recognize it's supposed to be sending audio to the HomePod? How to AirPlay audio

I'd also suggest using the steps in the following resource to troubleshoot what could be causing this behavior: If AirPlay or screen mirroring isn’t working on your device

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 14, 2019 12:53 PM in response to blkbassenator

Hi blkbassenator,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're having trouble with AirPlay audio between your Apple TV and HomePod. I know how convenient it is to be able to use this feature with your devices; I'd like to help. When the audio drops out when you're using AirPlay, does the Apple TV still recognize it's supposed to be sending audio to the HomePod? How to AirPlay audio

I'd also suggest using the steps in the following resource to troubleshoot what could be causing this behavior: If AirPlay or screen mirroring isn’t working on your device

Let me know what you find.

Best Regards.

Apple TV to homepod audio drops out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.