Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disconnected Homepod from Apple TV and now am unable to have audio coming through TV speakers

So about a week ago, I went to watch tv before bed and realized that the audio was now coming from my homepod. The night before, it was coming through the tv so I thought that was weird but didn't think too much of it. I decided to go into setting and change the audio output to my tv speakers, but to my surprise, no audio coming through. I tested my audio on my TV and it works perfect, It's just whenever I am on the Apple TV that the audio is nonexistent unless its coming through the homepod. My default audio device is "TV Speakers" and so is my temporary output device. I have tried it with no temp device and one with one and neither work. Can anybody tell me if I am doing something wrong or if there's something I am missing?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 7:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 9, 2022 1:18 PM

Power cycle your router, HomePod and Apple TV. Disconnect and reconnect both ends of the HDMI cable connecting your Apple TV to your TV. Try again. If it still won't work you might want to restore the Apple TV.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Disconnected Homepod from Apple TV and now am unable to have audio coming through TV speakers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.