Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod refuses to stay connected to Apple TV

My Apple TV continues to default to my TV speakers instead of my HomePod even though it says HomePod is connected, it is not.

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 7:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 25, 2021 8:21 PM

Make sure everything is signed into the same Apple ID and connected to the same home wifi network and all software is up to date. This applies to the Apple TV, HomePods and the iOS version device you set up HomePods with 

Try these steps:

Reboot your wifi

On the Apple TV in settings - Users Accounts- your name - iCloud- sign out. 

Change the default audio to tv speakers

Restart Apple TV

then sign back in. 

Set up AirPlay & HomeKit again on the ATV

Change the default audio back to HomePods

If it persists, Restart HomePods: Open the Home App - Long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to the bottom to Reset HomePod - then select Restart HomePod 

Connection issues can be attributed to the Apple ID and Internet connection.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 25, 2021 8:21 PM in response to kereth

Make sure everything is signed into the same Apple ID and connected to the same home wifi network and all software is up to date. This applies to the Apple TV, HomePods and the iOS version device you set up HomePods with 

Try these steps:

Reboot your wifi

On the Apple TV in settings - Users Accounts- your name - iCloud- sign out. 

Change the default audio to tv speakers

Restart Apple TV

then sign back in. 

Set up AirPlay & HomeKit again on the ATV

Change the default audio back to HomePods

If it persists, Restart HomePods: Open the Home App - Long press on the HomePod icon to bring up settings, scroll down to the gear icon, tap that, scroll to the bottom to Reset HomePod - then select Restart HomePod 

Connection issues can be attributed to the Apple ID and Internet connection.

HomePod refuses to stay connected to Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.