Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After recent tvOS update HomePod pair doesn't stay connected.

I have a LG TV with a soundbar connected. Also a HomePod pair. Prior to the recent (Jan23) tvOS update I had sound playing through the HomePods. Now if I select HomePod it stays connected for a few minutes and then want to revert the TV speakers. Even worse it plays through both the TV and soundbar with a slight annoying delay.

Previously I had to disconnect the AppleTV from the internet and connect via wifi only. Reconnecting continued to work as expected. Playing through both the TV speakers and the soundbar is new.

Any suggestions?

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 9:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 25, 2023 2:25 PM

I was able to resolve the problem by unplugging the internet cable from the AppleTV. I had to do that before. It seems having the AppleTV on wired internet and the HomePods on wifi has caused an issue in the past. Fortunately it was just a matter of unplugging the cable.

Thanks for the suggestions.

2 replies

Jan 25, 2023 2:19 PM in response to David Bourne

Check you’re signed into AirPlay & HomeKit on the Apple TV. The update turned that off on mine. The Home showed not connected with AirPlay set to off. If your TV supports HomeKit, set that up. This will add the smart TV to the Home App. Mine was doing this last night until I changed all this. You might also want to check in settings- Remotes and Devices - enable Control TVs and Receivers

Update all devices as well.

After recent tvOS update HomePod pair doesn't stay connected.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.