Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration assistant not working

What do I do if I click 'continue' on my new mac in migration assistant and all it says is 'this mac can't be used to migrate data. Due to an issue with unlocking this system, you can't migrate. Please update this mac and retry.' But I already have updated both macs! Please help.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 8:18 AM

Scayleigh wrote:

What do I do if I click 'continue' on my new mac in migration assistant and all it says is 'this mac can't be used to migrate data. Due to an issue with unlocking this system, you can't migrate. Please update this mac and retry.' But I already have updated both macs! Please help.

It may help to know what Mac.

If this Mac has a t2 chip you may have to give permission...(?)

ref: About Startup Security Utility - Apple Support

You could also try another source of your data like a Time Machine backup as an alternative

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2021 8:18 AM in response to Scayleigh

Scayleigh wrote:

It may help to know what Mac.

If this Mac has a t2 chip you may have to give permission...(?)

ref: About Startup Security Utility - Apple Support

You could also try another source of your data like a Time Machine backup as an alternative

Migration assistant not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.