Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’m transferring data from my old Mac to a new one and it’s stopped before it’s complete. The migration assistant is showing on both screens and it’s showing the same time remaining for several hours. Is there anything I can do to get it going again?

I’m transferring data from my old Mac to a new one and it’s stopped before it’s complete. The migration assistant is showing on both screens and it’s showing the same time remaining for several hours. Is there anything I can do to get it going again?

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 11:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 31, 2020 12:12 PM

Are you running Migration Assistant on both computers? That is not how it works. You should only run MA on the new computer. How are you connecting the computers? See How to Use Migration Assistant with macOS Catalina.

1 reply

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.