Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Newly Bought Album is not Syncing properly to 6th Generation iPod

A couple of nights ago I bought The South Park Movie's soundtrack, and I've been having some problems syncing it to my iPod. Whenever I play any of the songs, it just hangs, and eventually I lose interactivity of the touch screen. The only way to regain control is to close the music app entirely.

I don't use this 6th Gen iPod for anything else outside of music, so it's not connected to the internet, and I have over 8500 songs on it, including the album. I've tried to remove the album many times, both from my computer and from my iPod. I even removed every song from the iPod and resynced it multiple times now.

I posted my problem to r/AppleHelp and did not get a response

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 9:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 4:09 PM

Hello Radiumist,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with playing your purchase. We're happy to check this out with you.

Can you play the purchase on your computer or any other devices? If you can't, please check here: If you have problems playing music in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

Do other purchases play on your iPod? Try deleting one song, and syncing it over again and test. This will let us know if it's with the sync, or the new songs only.

To make sure we understand, are you manually syncing, or using iCloud to sync you Apple Music? If your songs are grayed out - Apple Support

What kind of an iPod? What iOS version? Any alerts or error codes being displayed? Thanks.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2021 4:09 PM in response to Radiumist

Hello Radiumist,

Thanks for asking the Apple Support Communities for help with playing your purchase. We're happy to check this out with you.

Can you play the purchase on your computer or any other devices? If you can't, please check here: If you have problems playing music in iTunes on PC - Apple Support

Do other purchases play on your iPod? Try deleting one song, and syncing it over again and test. This will let us know if it's with the sync, or the new songs only.

To make sure we understand, are you manually syncing, or using iCloud to sync you Apple Music? If your songs are grayed out - Apple Support

What kind of an iPod? What iOS version? Any alerts or error codes being displayed? Thanks.

Aug 28, 2021 5:07 PM in response to Eric--F

Thank you for responding to me. I'll clarify a little more.

1. I can play every other song on my iPod and I can even play all the songs from the South Park album on my computer.
  2. I have removed all music and reapplied it to my iPod about 3 times now, and none of the songs from the South Park album work. All other purchases work as intended. I have deleted the South Park album from my computer and redownloaded it, but it did not help.
  3. I am using my lightning cable to sync the iPod, as I do not have WiFi enabled. I do have my Apple account on my iPod, but I don't use it. I switch between manual sync, choosing artists, albums, etc., and automatically syncing all of my music to my iPod.
  4. I am using an iPod Touch (6th Generation) running on iOS 12.5.4.
  5. No alerts or error messages are being displayed when trying to play any of the songs from the South Park album on my iPod.

Newly Bought Album is not Syncing properly to 6th Generation iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.