Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pre-ordered album not available for purchase

I pre-ordered an album with release date Aug 27, but it is not available for download. All songs reflect purchased, but no download link. I've checked family purchases and available downloads, but nothing. What am I missing?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 3:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 5:45 AM

Hello martie64,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you've pre-ordered an album that was due to be released on August 27, 2021 and you still haven't received the pre-ordered album. We'd like to help!

"What happens when your pre-ordered item is released

When your pre-ordered item becomes available, your payment method is billed and you receive an email. If you turned on automatic downloads, the item downloads automatically to the device that you used to buy it.

If you don't see a pre-ordered item on your device after it's released, find the item in your purchases and download it. If the item is an app or game, you can also find it in the App Store and tap or click Get."

See or cancel pre-orders for apps, movies, music, or books

Did you receive the email telling you that your album is available for download?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2021 5:45 AM in response to martie64

Hello martie64,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

If we understand your post correctly, you've pre-ordered an album that was due to be released on August 27, 2021 and you still haven't received the pre-ordered album. We'd like to help!

"What happens when your pre-ordered item is released

When your pre-ordered item becomes available, your payment method is billed and you receive an email. If you turned on automatic downloads, the item downloads automatically to the device that you used to buy it.

If you don't see a pre-ordered item on your device after it's released, find the item in your purchases and download it. If the item is an app or game, you can also find it in the App Store and tap or click Get."

See or cancel pre-orders for apps, movies, music, or books

Did you receive the email telling you that your album is available for download?

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Aug 29, 2021 5:54 AM in response to karina184

Thank you, I cancelled the pre-order and re-purchased. Some pre-released singles had already downloaded. I paid only for the outstanding songs.

As for the original problem: I did not receive an email, which is strange since the release date was Aug 27. I tried family purchases and checked for downloads. I rechecked the release date. The album showed purchased but there was nothing to download. Cancelling the pre-order solved the problem.

Pre-ordered album not available for purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.