You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 12 clicking and grinding noise when idle

I recently noticed the iPhone 12 is making clicking and grinding noise when idle. I hear it early in the morning mostly when my sleep’s lighter.

This morning I checked battery and it was shockingly low. It drained fast while it was not in use!It also says the screen’s been off only 33 minutes the past 24 hours!?

Looks like there’s something seriously wrong with the iPhone.

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 3:30 AM

1 reply

Aug 29, 2021 5:47 AM in response to KasperFH

Hello KasperFH,

We understand you're experiencing issues with the battery of your iPhone. We'd like to get you pointed towards a resolution. To get started, please review the steps listed here: Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

These steps can help you identify which apps are keeping you screen on. Regarding the noise you hear, we recommend reviewing support in your region. You can do so here: Get Support

Take care!

iPhone 12 clicking and grinding noise when idle

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.