Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using Apple MagSafe 2 Power Adapter 85 w, instead of 60w?

Hi, my laptop is MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013).

but I can't find Apple MagSafe 2 Power Adapter 60 w in Apple official store in Thailand

Can i use Apple MagSafe 2 Power Adapter 85 wat instead ? will it cause any long term issue with my mac like overcharged power or damaged battery.

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 5:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 6:04 AM

Your Mac draws and uses only as much power as it wants, and no more.

There will be no ill effects (no effects at all) from using a larger power adapter. The only impact is that it is slightly heavier to carry around.

On the other hand, using a power adapter smaller than standard can cause MANY problems, and is not recommended. In an emergency, it can be used to charge when your Mac is OFF.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2021 6:04 AM in response to Annie_punasri

Your Mac draws and uses only as much power as it wants, and no more.

There will be no ill effects (no effects at all) from using a larger power adapter. The only impact is that it is slightly heavier to carry around.

On the other hand, using a power adapter smaller than standard can cause MANY problems, and is not recommended. In an emergency, it can be used to charge when your Mac is OFF.

using Apple MagSafe 2 Power Adapter 85 w, instead of 60w?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.