Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

External Disk Drive Problem

com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49153

MacBook Air

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 10:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 10:47 AM

I got this error on Big Sur, 11.5.2 when I tried to mount an Audible/Brilliance book on MP3 cd into the Music App (iTunes) using an LG external USB optical disk drive. I had also tried opening the disk on my Sony BluRay player, the only other disk machine I own, to no avail.

The Disk showed up in Disk Utility, but was greyed out and when trying to mount it I got the com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49153 Error.

After much searching and effort I found the post by M. Bedit back in March. I was able to extract the mp3 files doing the following;

1) From Disk Utility, I selected the external disk drive and created a .dmg image copy on my 2014 MacBook Air HD.

2) Using a 3rd party app, "The Unarchiver" I was able to extract the files.

3) Drag and Dropped these into Music, and then was able to listen to the book.

Original version of this tip posted by

M-bedit Posted on Mar 11, 2021 9:43 AM

Hopefully this helps someone!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2021 10:47 AM in response to dlb47

I got this error on Big Sur, 11.5.2 when I tried to mount an Audible/Brilliance book on MP3 cd into the Music App (iTunes) using an LG external USB optical disk drive. I had also tried opening the disk on my Sony BluRay player, the only other disk machine I own, to no avail.

The Disk showed up in Disk Utility, but was greyed out and when trying to mount it I got the com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49153 Error.

After much searching and effort I found the post by M. Bedit back in March. I was able to extract the mp3 files doing the following;

1) From Disk Utility, I selected the external disk drive and created a .dmg image copy on my 2014 MacBook Air HD.

2) Using a 3rd party app, "The Unarchiver" I was able to extract the files.

3) Drag and Dropped these into Music, and then was able to listen to the book.

Original version of this tip posted by

M-bedit Posted on Mar 11, 2021 9:43 AM

Hopefully this helps someone!

External Disk Drive Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.