Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Turn off iMessage

How do I turn off messages coming to iPad? My cell phone text messages come to the iPad as well. I don’t like it.

iPad, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 2:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 2:21 PM

Hello Rosierose32,

If you still want to be able to text from your iPad but not receive the messages o your phone number, then go to Setting> Messages> Send and Receive. Under Sent and Receive you can select and deselect your phone number and email address(s). If you don’t want messages to come to your iPad and you never want to text from your iPad, you can disable iMessages altogether by going to Settings> Messages> then disabling iMessages. You can turn off messages and delete all text message history by going to Settings> Your Name> iCloud> and disabling Messages.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Captain

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 28, 2021 2:21 PM in response to Rosierose32

Hello Rosierose32,

If you still want to be able to text from your iPad but not receive the messages o your phone number, then go to Setting> Messages> Send and Receive. Under Sent and Receive you can select and deselect your phone number and email address(s). If you don’t want messages to come to your iPad and you never want to text from your iPad, you can disable iMessages altogether by going to Settings> Messages> then disabling iMessages. You can turn off messages and delete all text message history by going to Settings> Your Name> iCloud> and disabling Messages.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Captain

Turn off iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.