Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting files does not affect the storage used by iCloud Drive on my iPhone.

I have permanently delete (also clear recently deleted folder) all my unused files from iCloud drive and now it consumes less than 60 MB icloud storage.

But, when I check my iPhone's storage (in Settings> iPhone storage) , iCloud drive still shows about 1.64 GB (says my recently accessed files are downloaded to this device for quick access).

Actually I delete my files 2-3 days ago and several times restart my iPhone. At last I update to latest version.

But this does not help me to save storage. I'm using 5S (12.5.4). Please help me to find a solution.

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 7:23 AM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Josssapple.

If we understand your post correctly, iCloud Drive storage on your iPhone doesn't match the amount of storage in iCloud. We’d like to help.

The article you were viewing is a good one for iCloud storage management. It seems you've already followed those steps and your iPhone has not updated the storage information. We'd recommend restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone

If the storage has still not updated try signing out of iCloud and signing back in.

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2021 7:23 AM in response to Josssapple

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Josssapple.

If we understand your post correctly, iCloud Drive storage on your iPhone doesn't match the amount of storage in iCloud. We’d like to help.

The article you were viewing is a good one for iCloud storage management. It seems you've already followed those steps and your iPhone has not updated the storage information. We'd recommend restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone

If the storage has still not updated try signing out of iCloud and signing back in.

Let us know if that resolves this issue for you.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Deleting files does not affect the storage used by iCloud Drive on my iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.