Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie Failing error 10004

Every time I try to create and export of movie in iMovie, I get the following code:

Video rendering error: 10004 (iMovie error 10004: renderVideoFrame failed)

Previously I was able to make a movie without any trouble, but now it won't seem to work.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 5:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 9:18 PM

There likely is some corruption in your project. Expand your timeline fully and scroll through, looking for black frames, white flashes, artifacts and any other signs of corruption. Cut out any that you find and try to export again. If you want to preserve your original work, then make a duplicate of the project and work with the duplicate.

— Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 29, 2021 9:18 PM in response to Katie2it84

There likely is some corruption in your project. Expand your timeline fully and scroll through, looking for black frames, white flashes, artifacts and any other signs of corruption. Cut out any that you find and try to export again. If you want to preserve your original work, then make a duplicate of the project and work with the duplicate.

— Rich

iMovie Failing error 10004

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.