Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to stop Apple Pencil from drawing in Numbers

I have been searching and trying to find the answer to this problem, but it seems the information is outdated as the iOS has been upgraded since it was last answered.

I’d just like to use my Apple Pencil like a mouse, to resize, tick off, or move tables around instead of accidentally drawing all across my work. Previously you could solve this in the settings, but that’s no longer possible and I’d like to know how I can resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 11:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 4:50 AM

After a discussion with a colleague, I learned how to do it.

In case anyone else is having the same problem, you can go into Numbers/Pages/etc, (NOT settings) and click on “More” (the circle with three dots) and go down to Apple Pencil. From there you can toggle on/off for “Select and Scroll” and “Double-Tap to Switch”.

I hope this can help those that needs it.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2021 4:50 AM in response to seanwelsh87

After a discussion with a colleague, I learned how to do it.

In case anyone else is having the same problem, you can go into Numbers/Pages/etc, (NOT settings) and click on “More” (the circle with three dots) and go down to Apple Pencil. From there you can toggle on/off for “Select and Scroll” and “Double-Tap to Switch”.

I hope this can help those that needs it.

Aug 29, 2021 11:15 PM in response to seanwelsh87

seanwelsh87 Said:

"How to stop Apple Pencil from drawing in Numbers I have been searching and trying to find the answer to this problem, but it seems the information is outdated as the iOS has been upgraded since it was last answered. I’d just like to use my Apple Pencil like a mouse, to resize, tick off, or move tables around instead of accidentally drawing all across my work. Previously you could solve this in the settings, but that’s no longer possible and I’d like to know how I can resolve this issue. Thank you in advance!"

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Pencils:

Use these Links:

Verify the compatibility of your iPad and Apple Pencil

View: If your Apple Pencil won't pair with your iPad

Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled

Be certain there is power to your Apple Pencil

Successfully pair and charge your 2nd Generation Apple Pencil

How to stop Apple Pencil from drawing in Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.