Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unstable Sidecar connection

As of late, the sidecar connection between my MBP and Ipad Pro is very unstable. It used to be all good, having the Ipad as an extra screen.

I now often have a black screen on the ipad, or the connection takes some time to complete and then there's a time-out. Sometimes with the black screen I still can enable the Sidebar and touchbar emulation on the Ipad. At that point the Displays preferences pane indicates the ipad is properly connected.. but the ipad doesn't show an OS desktop.

I've already tried the same tips everywhere on the internet: toggle the mirroring options on and-off, toggle handoff on and off.. the only thing that works is to restart the MBP.. But not long after that the sidecar connection gives up on me again.

thx

pascal

Posted on Aug 29, 2021 11:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 7:25 PM

Hello aprilten,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with using SideCar. Are there any updates available for your Mac or iPad? If so, we recommend installing updates that are available to see if that resolves the issue.

We also recommend going over the steps and requirements listed here to see if they help: Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar

Also, check out the steps listed here to rule out sources of wireless interference that may be causing issues: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2021 7:25 PM in response to aprilten

Hello aprilten,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with using SideCar. Are there any updates available for your Mac or iPad? If so, we recommend installing updates that are available to see if that resolves the issue.

We also recommend going over the steps and requirements listed here to see if they help: Use your iPad as a second display for your Mac with Sidecar

Also, check out the steps listed here to rule out sources of wireless interference that may be causing issues: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Unstable Sidecar connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.