Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I seem not to be able to position a couple of mail folders permanently at the top of the column of mail boxes

On MacOS Catalina there was the option to put a couple of mail box designations at the top of the list of mail boxes. I had my preferred inbox and my sent mail box there so I could click on one of those and the message list for that mailbox would show. Then, if I needed to open that mail box (or any mail box) to see its contents, I could do so. Then to get back to open the inbox again I merely have to click on the inbox designation at the top of the column and it would open and I could file the message straightaway into the mailbox that I had previously opened - it would be right there.

In MacOS Big Sur, there is no option to have such a fixed mailbox at the top and it means a lot of scrolling back and forth in the list of mailboxes from the inbox to another box and back to the inbox. This is MUCH less efficient and I really think it was not a good idea (dumb) to remove that nice feature I used all the time in MacOS Catalina.

OR, is that still an option in Big Sur and I have just missed it?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 3:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 4:08 PM

Sounds like you are talking about the Favorites Bar.

Well there is the Mailbox List sidebar and there is a Favorites Bar at the top where you can drag your favorite mailboxes and folders. The Favorites Bar is hidden by default on Big Sur but it's still there.

Mail -> View -> Show / Hide Mailbox List

There's the Favorites Bar and it runs along the top and you can drag and drop from the Mailbox list so any folder / mailbox will work.

Mail -> View -> Show / Hide Favorites Bar

On the Favorites Bar there is a Mailboxes button to show / hide the Mailbox List

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2021 4:08 PM in response to valpoMac37

Sounds like you are talking about the Favorites Bar.

Well there is the Mailbox List sidebar and there is a Favorites Bar at the top where you can drag your favorite mailboxes and folders. The Favorites Bar is hidden by default on Big Sur but it's still there.

Mail -> View -> Show / Hide Mailbox List

There's the Favorites Bar and it runs along the top and you can drag and drop from the Mailbox list so any folder / mailbox will work.

Mail -> View -> Show / Hide Favorites Bar

On the Favorites Bar there is a Mailboxes button to show / hide the Mailbox List

I seem not to be able to position a couple of mail folders permanently at the top of the column of mail boxes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.