Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio-Out to Airplay

G'day all,

Recently was burnt on a Yamaha Vinyl 500 and its support of Airplay. Warning, this turntable will accept incoming Airplay audio streaming, it doesn't cast out using Airplay. Only its proprietary MusicCast can be used to stream.

What I want to know from the Apple community brains trust is this. Is there a device the takes as input either old-school left and right audio and/or 3.5mm audio and allows me to cast out to my Airplay network? Just like I can stream from my iPhone to my TV or my HomePod, all I want to achieve is to stream from a turntable.

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 5:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 8:49 PM

I'm not aware of any hardware that will do what you're after natively.

The only thing I can think of is capturing the analogue audio somehow on a Mac and then relaying it (in real-time or after recording the source) to an AirPlay target. Perhaps a third-party tool like Airfoil from Rogue Amoeba could do this, but I have not tested this myself.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2021 8:49 PM in response to Graham Dombkins

I'm not aware of any hardware that will do what you're after natively.

The only thing I can think of is capturing the analogue audio somehow on a Mac and then relaying it (in real-time or after recording the source) to an AirPlay target. Perhaps a third-party tool like Airfoil from Rogue Amoeba could do this, but I have not tested this myself.

Audio-Out to Airplay

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.