Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

howto make achecklistin pages

how to make a checklist pages

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 7:11 PM

That depends on how you want to use it. f you want a list that can be printed, with boxes that can then be checked off with a pencil or pen:

Open a blank Pages page layout document (or open a blank Pages word processing document, then convert it to a page layout document).

In sert a two column table with as many rows as you will need, or as will fit on the page with the amount of space you need for the list items).

Set the width of the left column to match the height of a row.

Set the width of the right column to fill the rest of the page width.

Open the Character viewer (also known as 'emojis and symbols, and locate a square box character. (There is one named "ballot box" but I've been happier with this one.)

Drag the character to the document, and drp it into the first cell on the left column.

Click on the cell to select it, then use the Text section of th Format Inspector to adjust the type size to fit the cell.

With the cell selected, press command-c to copy the content and format.

Scroll to the bottom row of the table. Pres the shift key and click on the last cell in the left column to add that cell and all cells between it and the top one to the selection.

Paste (command-V) to paste the box into all cells of the column.

At this stage, you may want to check the document for errors, corrct any found, then save the document as a Template, with the name "Checklist". The template will be available in the My Templates section of the Template Chooser.

If you are going to add items to the list with pen or pencil, your document is now ready to print (and save).

If you have a list of items ready to enter, enter then now (after saving the empty template, then Save and Print when the list is completed.

This process will create a template which you can print, then check off with pen or pencil.

Pages does not support 'checkbox' cells, which can be toggled between checked and unchecked by clicking the cell. If that's what you need, use Numbers, which contains a ready made Checklist template.

My first thought had been to open this template in Numbers, check the result for size related to the page, then Copy the table, open a blank document in Pages and paste in the Numbers table.

On doing so, I was reminded that Pages doesn't support checkbox cells, and translates them to ordinary text cells, containing TRUE for cells that had been checke in Numbers, and FALSE for cells which had not been checked in Numbers.

Regards,

Barry

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2021 7:11 PM in response to helowithcklist

That depends on how you want to use it. f you want a list that can be printed, with boxes that can then be checked off with a pencil or pen:

Open a blank Pages page layout document (or open a blank Pages word processing document, then convert it to a page layout document).

In sert a two column table with as many rows as you will need, or as will fit on the page with the amount of space you need for the list items).

Set the width of the left column to match the height of a row.

Set the width of the right column to fill the rest of the page width.

Open the Character viewer (also known as 'emojis and symbols, and locate a square box character. (There is one named "ballot box" but I've been happier with this one.)

Drag the character to the document, and drp it into the first cell on the left column.

Click on the cell to select it, then use the Text section of th Format Inspector to adjust the type size to fit the cell.

With the cell selected, press command-c to copy the content and format.

Scroll to the bottom row of the table. Pres the shift key and click on the last cell in the left column to add that cell and all cells between it and the top one to the selection.

Paste (command-V) to paste the box into all cells of the column.

At this stage, you may want to check the document for errors, corrct any found, then save the document as a Template, with the name "Checklist". The template will be available in the My Templates section of the Template Chooser.

If you are going to add items to the list with pen or pencil, your document is now ready to print (and save).

If you have a list of items ready to enter, enter then now (after saving the empty template, then Save and Print when the list is completed.

This process will create a template which you can print, then check off with pen or pencil.

Pages does not support 'checkbox' cells, which can be toggled between checked and unchecked by clicking the cell. If that's what you need, use Numbers, which contains a ready made Checklist template.

My first thought had been to open this template in Numbers, check the result for size related to the page, then Copy the table, open a blank document in Pages and paste in the Numbers table.

On doing so, I was reminded that Pages doesn't support checkbox cells, and translates them to ordinary text cells, containing TRUE for cells that had been checke in Numbers, and FALSE for cells which had not been checked in Numbers.

Regards,

Barry

Aug 30, 2021 7:21 PM in response to Barry

Neglected to include a screen shot of the result.

This shows the first few rows of the tChecklist table made from the Numbers template, then copied and pasted into Pages, followed by replacing the FALSE entry in the first cell of each row with the 'white square with rounded corners character, increasing its text size to 20 pts, and filling it in to all cells in the body rows of column A

Regards,

Barry

howto make achecklistin pages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.