Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to trade my iPad. Do I have to receive a gift card or can I receive money. When I traded my I phone I was able to buy a new one and wait to receive trade in funds later to off set the price of the new one. Thanks

Hi, I want to trade my iPad. Do I have to receive an Apple gift card or can I receive money. When I traded my iPhone I was able to buy a new one and wait to receive trade in funds later to off set the price of the new one. Thanks

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 7:46 AM

The Apple trade-in programme provides instant credit to spend in-store. If credit is not used immediately, you will receive an Apple Gift Card to redeem against a later purchase. Apple will not give cash for trade-in devices.

Apple Trade In - Apple

8 replies

Sep 15, 2021 11:29 AM in response to Scrounga

I am frustrated with the set-up for trade-ins! The entire offer including final sale price after deducting the trade-in value leads buyers to believe they will be reimbursed in cash. It is very misleading. Receiving a credit voucher only useable to buy Apple products is a rip-off! If I wanted to buy more products, I would have included them in my order! This seems like a money grab.

Oct 3, 2021 4:01 PM in response to Ardeablue

Ardeablue wrote:

Receiving a credit voucher only useable to buy Apple products is a rip-off! If I wanted to buy more products, I would have included them in my order! This seems like a money grab.

Really?

The description, “trade-in”, is unambiguous in its fundamental meaning. You are “trading-in” one product against purchase of another.

By contrast, “selling”, might reasonably imply cash compensation by the buyer - to the seller.

I want to trade my iPad. Do I have to receive a gift card or can I receive money. When I traded my I phone I was able to buy a new one and wait to receive trade in funds later to off set the price of the new one. Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.