Paid online, selected trade in, can i do the trade-in in store? Will it be credited to my card or only to an apple gift card?

If I bought an ipad online and am having it shipped to me, and selected the trade in option, can I take my trade-in device in store and do the trade-in there? Will I get the trade-in value to my payment method of choice or will it be an apple gift card?

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2023 7:22 PM

To get more information about the Apple Trade In service click on the link --> Apple Trade In - Apple

- Don't miss the FAQ at the very bottom.

• What if I’m not ready to buy something? No problem. We can put the value of your current device on a gift card that you can use anytime. Get an estimate through the trade-in tool and choose the Apple Gift Card option.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2023 7:22 PM in response to didi1621

To get more information about the Apple Trade In service click on the link --> Apple Trade In - Apple

- Don't miss the FAQ at the very bottom.

• What if I’m not ready to buy something? No problem. We can put the value of your current device on a gift card that you can use anytime. Get an estimate through the trade-in tool and choose the Apple Gift Card option.

Aug 30, 2023 9:01 PM in response to didi1621

Your credit card was not discussed here. An Apple gift card was.

The trade in is either applied to your purchase at the same time as a credit or they send you a gift card.

Don't forget that when you trade it in using the online method the final price is determined by the trade in partner company and the refund may be lower than the initial estimate.

Paid online, selected trade in, can i do the trade-in in store? Will it be credited to my card or only to an apple gift card?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.