Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to truly remove everything related to a "Developer..." blocked message from security tab

In January, I tried the IBoySoft NTFS driver but it did not work, so I uninstalled the software the same day.

Since the update to BigSur 11.5.2 my Security tab keeps in forming me that "System software from developer "Chengdu Aibo Tech Co., Ltd" was blocked from loading".

The software itself was deleted right after the initial installation (think I ran the uninstall routine).

I read a lot of threats and instructions on how to delete this software, including manually searching the following directories for anything related to 'iBoy':

• /Library
  • ~/Library
  • /Library/Application Support
  • ~/Library/Application Suppor
  • /Library/Preferences
  • ~/Library/Preferences
  • /Library/Caches/ 
  • ~/Library/Caches/
  • /Library/LaunchAgents
  • ~/Library/LaunchAgents
  • /Library/LaunchDaemons
  • ~/Library/LaunchDaemons
  • /Library/PreferencePanes
  • ~/Library/PreferencePanes
  • /Library/StartupItems
  • ~/Library/StartupItems

But the message still occurs...

The most annoying thing is, though, that there seems only to be the possibility to 'Allow', but no way to choose something like 'Delete' or 'Show', so I can get rid of the message:

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Posted on Aug 30, 2021 11:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 3:48 AM

In the Extensions folder I found two ntfs related kext files.

One named 'ufsd_NTFS.kext' and one named 'ms_ntfs.kext', the first one popped up as being part of the Paragon NTFS installation, which works fine so I kept it.

The seconds file named 'ms_ntfs.kext' seems to be related to iBoySoft so I removed it, and now the blocked message is gone :-)

THANK YOU!

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2021 3:48 AM in response to Barney-15E

In the Extensions folder I found two ntfs related kext files.

One named 'ufsd_NTFS.kext' and one named 'ms_ntfs.kext', the first one popped up as being part of the Paragon NTFS installation, which works fine so I kept it.

The seconds file named 'ms_ntfs.kext' seems to be related to iBoySoft so I removed it, and now the blocked message is gone :-)

THANK YOU!

How to truly remove everything related to a "Developer..." blocked message from security tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.