Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I download iMovie on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

My 13 inch Mac Book air (around 2014) doesn't seem to have iMovie. I must have deleted it at some stage although I don't remember doing so. When I try to download iMovie from the app store an error tells me I need to install macOS 10.15.6. I then try to download Catalina or the 10.15.6 OS and an error on my computer tells me I need 10.15 to even do that. Is there any way I can just simply download whatever version of iMovie is compatible with my computer? iMovie also doesn't show in my purchased apps or anything. Thank you!

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 3:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 8:20 AM

Hi, Rhubarb-Rhubarb,

Try this procedure to get the highest iMovie 10 version that High Sierra will run: :

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the

trash. (You can skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your computer before, but deleted it.) Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 8:20 AM in response to Rhubarb-Rhubarb

Hi, Rhubarb-Rhubarb,

Try this procedure to get the highest iMovie 10 version that High Sierra will run: :

To update/redownload iMovie 10, drag your iMovie 10 app from the Applications folder into the trash, but do not empty the

trash. (You can skip that step if you had iMovie 10 on your computer before, but deleted it.) Sign in to the app store and open your purchases folder by clicking on your name at the bottom of the app store side bar. You will see your purchases displayed, including iMovie 10. Redownload/update iMovie from there. If not successful, drag your present iMovie app out of the trash (if you moved it there) and return it to the Applications folder.

-- Rich

How can I download iMovie on macOS High Sierra 10.13.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.