Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

older mac system cannot connect to iCloud mail server

for almost a day now my mac mini on an older system cannot connect to iCloud mail server.

anyone else experiencing this too?

already lost Safari to many web sites including Wiki

Apple trying to push / drag us along?

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 6:50 AM

9 replies

Sep 1, 2021 6:56 AM in response to Pat Schaefer

Hello Pat Schaefer,

Based on your post it looks like you're using OS X Yosemite. You should still be able to use both Mail and Safari with that version of OS X. For Mail, try to use the Connection Doctor to resolve the issue. Use Connection Doctor in Mail on Mac

If you need to make changes to the account settings, you can look them up with the Mail Settings Lookup tool: Mail

For Safari, try to Clear your browsing history in Safari on Mac

If that doesn't resolve the issue with Safari, try to boot your Mac into safe mode and see if the issue continues: How to use safe mode on your Mac

Let us know how it goes.

Sep 1, 2021 5:01 PM in response to Pat Schaefer

Has it been considered to upGrade to a newer version of OS - if the machine Qualifies for anything newer. It may solve some of the outlined issues.

The Age of this computer will Govern what newer version of macOS it will Qualify to install. Use About this Mac from the Apple Icon on Desktop - the required Information will be there.

With the above information in-hand - follow this How to get old versions of macOS and verify what version this computer Qualifies to install. Make sure to use Only Safari to commence the download as Others may not work

Suggest using Go64 to find 32 bit application before attempting the upGrade. Some or many of the Application already installed may required update or upGrades to 64 Bit Versions.

Make a Time Machine Backup Before attempting. Notation - Mojave is the Last version to support 32 bit applications / extensions and Drivers. Catalina support 64 bit and there is no workaround.

Are there any AntiVirus, Disk Cleaner, Optimizers, Un-installers, etc installed which should be removed as per Developers Instructions. They are useless, unneeded, cause havoc and interfere with the normal operation of the OS and may even Corrupt the OS requiring a Reinstallation

Sep 1, 2021 8:03 AM in response to mario49

Thanks for your reply

no time now

spent 2 hours on phone with Apple (surprise, surprise)

very weird

can send and it shows up on IOS

does not show up in Mail on mini

can see the mail with Safari logging into icloud.com

We set and reset all the buttons, made a new user nothing helped

ara-ed it out the wazoo

Oh and Safari is dying on older systems

Yes it works

unless you want to use Wiki or some other sites : (

I do not need a new system

I like my old system, it has lots of advantages

please support it

got case number

Sep 11, 2021 8:30 AM in response to PRP_53

What was that saying

"You'll get my Yosemite setup

when you pry it off my cold dead fingers"

; )

There has been soooo much locked down in the last 10 years

and sooo few improvements that would entice me to give up my old system.

Killing Safari would probably get me up to Capitan

which I have a bootable volume

or Sierra which I also have a bootable volume.

I am fancying the new Apple chip setups

but that would be a bridge too far for most of my stuff.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.