Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro3,1 Software Updated: Mail now CRASHES. CRASHES. CRASHES. What to do. Tried iCloud but my Google E-Mail is NOT there. And I see no way to add it to iCloud.

Mail CRASHES Repeatedly: MacbookPro3,1 OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Posted on May 12, 2022 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2022 6:08 AM

xplorations wrote:
MacBook Pro3,1 Software Updated:

Mail CRASHES Repeatedly: MacbookPro3,1 OSX El Capitan 10.11.6 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

<MacBookPro3,1 — MacBook Pro 15-Inch or 17-inch Mid/Late 2007>

Have you shut down and rebooted more than once since you upgraded your software..(?)

Have you tried holding the Shift key when you launch Mail.app as a bit of a safe launch to test?

if no insight or resolve—

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Takes a bit longer to get to the login screen, does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

Add an email account to Mail on your Mac

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2022 6:08 AM in response to xplorations

xplorations wrote:
MacBook Pro3,1 Software Updated:

<MacBookPro3,1 — MacBook Pro 15-Inch or 17-inch Mid/Late 2007>

Have you shut down and rebooted more than once since you upgraded your software..(?)

Have you tried holding the Shift key when you launch Mail.app as a bit of a safe launch to test?

if no insight or resolve—

—SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

Takes a bit longer to get to the login screen, does a quick disk repair before it fully boots up, and certain system caches get cleared and rebuilt, including dynamic loader cache, etc.

Login and test. Reboot as normal and test. Caches get rebuilt automatically.

Add an email account to Mail on your Mac

MacBook Pro3,1 Software Updated: Mail now CRASHES. CRASHES. CRASHES. What to do. Tried iCloud but my Google E-Mail is NOT there. And I see no way to add it to iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.