Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restore a Music Playlist from backup

For some reason, I noticed my largest iTunes/Music playlist "Soft Rock" is no longer in my Music playlist. I don't recall deleting it, but maybe by accident I did. I have Apple iTunes Match, and have hard Time Machine backups, as well as 2, iPods with matching libraries. Need help getting the "Soft Rock" playlist back either from hard backup or iPods. Many thanks. Mike

iMac, OS X 10.11

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 8:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 8:54 AM

Use TM. See Restore items backed up with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support.

tt2

5 replies

Aug 31, 2021 8:27 AM in response to MJRoth3

Make an educated guess as to when you last had this list. Take your computer offline so the library cannot instantly refresh with the current version of your iCloud Music Library. Use Time Machine to restore your selected backup of the Music Library.musiclibrary database. Option-start-Music to ensure that it is this file that is opened. Export the playlist as an XML file. Close Music, restore the current copy of the library, connect to the Internet, option-start-Music again and select the library. Import the XML file you exported earlier.

tt2

Restore a Music Playlist from backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.