Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone is do dead and won’t charge. What can I do?

My iPhone is dead and won’t charge. What do I do? Suggestions? Thank you.

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 9:08 AM

If you already tried (to no avail) all the suggestions provided in this support article:--> If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support, it might be a battery or other hardware problem.

Make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 9:08 AM in response to uncutron

If you already tried (to no avail) all the suggestions provided in this support article:--> If your iPhone or iPod touch won't charge - Apple Support, it might be a battery or other hardware problem.

Make an appointment and have your device inspected at an Apple Store or AASP (Apple Authorized Service Provider) among this list:--> Apple – Location Selector

After checking it out, they'll give you all the available options.

Regards

Giulio

Aug 31, 2021 9:06 AM in response to uncutron

Hi there!

Can you use a different power adaptor and cable?

• If yes then charge the iPhone for 1-2 hours and after that try putting iPhone into recovery mode by Pressing and holding the Top (or Side) and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Keep holding them until you see the recovery mode screen.
  • And if you enter recovery mode then restore it from iTunes on windows 10 or Finder on macOS.
  • This link should be helpful in your case:https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

My iPhone is do dead and won’t charge. What can I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.