Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Attachment issues on Gmail

Hello,

when I tap on attachments, my Gmail app will not open them but rather show me the name of the file and its format (e.g., .pdf, .png, etc.). I have no intention of switching default app for my emails. Do you have any suggestion of what the problem might be and how to resolve it? I see that many users have had the same problem.

Best regards,

gentiled_apple

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 2:51 PM

gentiled_apple wrote:

Hello,

when I tap on attachments, my Gmail app will not open them but rather show me the name of the file and its format (e.g., .pdf, .png, etc.). I have no intention of switching default app for my emails. Do you have any suggestion of what the problem might be and how to resolve it? I see that many users have had the same problem.

Best regards,
gentiled_apple

Have you ask google or look at their support site, since you're using their gmail app.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 2:51 PM in response to gentiled_apple

gentiled_apple wrote:

Hello,

Best regards,
gentiled_apple

Have you ask google or look at their support site, since you're using their gmail app.

Attachment issues on Gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.