Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot see my photos in iCloud on my iMac.

I’ve followed online help files photos is ticked in the preferences. However when I open photos on my iMac all I can see is a few photos I have imported! My iPhones and iPads are all sinked and can access photos but not my iMac.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 12:23 PM

Hi

In photos preferences, make sure the circled button is greyed out. If it isn't then click it. (click it anyway)

Then check iCloud tab is as shown.

5 replies

Aug 31, 2021 2:30 PM in response to Lee Tubb

I have a 2013 macbook air, and never re-installed the OS. It feels slow, but only in comparison with my much higherspec imac.

If it is running slow it will be because of installed software, especially anything loaded as startup. An OS re-install will get rid of that but is a sledgehammer approach.

Start with getting rid of any third party security apps, antivirus vpns or firewalls or simialr. They are unnecessary, and will always slow the system down.

Then look for ALL other software that loads at startup and think hard about whether you really need it. Get rid if not.

Cannot see my photos in iCloud on my iMac.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.