Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Support?

I just got a call from Apple Support who told me my iCloud had been compromised and they had me turn on screen time and then turn on content and privacy restrictions. Then they told me to go to the App Store and download AnyDesk. I saw that the app was to allow a remote connection. Something my brother told me to never do and I told the man that and so he replied that when I let him connect remotely to my phone that would see that it would say that he was from Apple support and I would get an email from Apple Support but I freaked out and hung up on him anyway!! How do I find out if this was really Apple support calling me?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 3:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 3:46 PM

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to ignore the calls or hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 3:46 PM in response to Pammykay63

Apple does not make such calls.

All such calls are scams from criminals attempting to steal your personal and financial information. The callers will often use number spoofing to pretend they are calling from a legitimate business. The correct course of action is to ignore the calls or hang up on them, repeatedly if needed. 

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Support?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.