Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Older MacBook Pro

my keyboard and track pad suddenly stopped working. Is there a way to fix?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 5:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 5:31 PM

donmac28 Said:

"Older MacBook Pro: my keyboard and track pad suddenly stopped working. Is there a way to fix?"

-------

What to Try:

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for the keyboard) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

B. Use an External Keyboard:

An external keyboard may be how to solve this.

1. Shutdown: the Mac
  2. Unplug: everything
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Plug in: the keyboard and other items
  5. Try this once one.

C. Adapter:

You may need an adapter for this, if you do not have Bluetooth enabled, or if you do not have USB-A plug. This is an example of the adapter of sorts to use: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple. Note that it does not have to be Apple brand. But for trustworthiness, going brand-for-brand is how one may going about choosing which to get.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 31, 2021 5:31 PM in response to donmac28

donmac28 Said:

"Older MacBook Pro: my keyboard and track pad suddenly stopped working. Is there a way to fix?"

-------

What to Try:

A. Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. updates), system configurations (i.e. for the keyboard) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM.

B. Use an External Keyboard:

An external keyboard may be how to solve this.

1. Shutdown: the Mac
  2. Unplug: everything
  3. Wait: 30 seconds
  4. Plug in: the keyboard and other items
  5. Try this once one.

C. Adapter:

You may need an adapter for this, if you do not have Bluetooth enabled, or if you do not have USB-A plug. This is an example of the adapter of sorts to use: USB-C to USB Adapter - Apple. Note that it does not have to be Apple brand. But for trustworthiness, going brand-for-brand is how one may going about choosing which to get.

Older MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.