Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I’ve gotten iPad Pro and transferred my current apps from old ipad. However, all apps are loading. It’s been more than 5hours.

Hi,

I’ve just received new iPad Pro today. So, I transferred my apps from old iPad.

‘However, it’s been more than 5hours but still loading.

please help,

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 7:06 AM

Something has stalled. Apps themselves are not transferred between devices; instead, a record of downloaded/installed Apps is transferred to the new device - where the Apps are re-downloaded and installed afresh.

Sometimes the download process can stall. A simple forced-restart will normally resolve the problem:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2021 7:06 AM in response to nami82

Something has stalled. Apps themselves are not transferred between devices; instead, a record of downloaded/installed Apps is transferred to the new device - where the Apps are re-downloaded and installed afresh.

Sometimes the download process can stall. A simple forced-restart will normally resolve the problem:

• On an iPad with a Home button: Press and hold the top button and the Home button at the same time. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons.
  • On other iPad models: Press and quickly release the volume up button, press and quickly release the volume down button, then press and hold the top button. When the Apple logo appears, release the button.

I’ve gotten iPad Pro and transferred my current apps from old ipad. However, all apps are loading. It’s been more than 5hours.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.