Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPad apps still are loading

My new iPad arrived Saturday. Transferred apps from my old iPad to the new one, but most of the apps still are loading.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 8:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2022 12:25 PM

Having transferred your data and settings to your new iPad, in rare circumstances the download and installation of associated Apps can appear to stall.

Try a long-touch (i.e., touch and hold) of any App that appears to be stuck; next select Prioritise Download. This will usually kick-start and complete the App installation process.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 16, 2022 12:25 PM in response to jerome1949

Having transferred your data and settings to your new iPad, in rare circumstances the download and installation of associated Apps can appear to stall.

Try a long-touch (i.e., touch and hold) of any App that appears to be stuck; next select Prioritise Download. This will usually kick-start and complete the App installation process.

Oct 16, 2022 10:49 AM in response to jerome1949

It will take time for apps to load.

Especially so if you have a slower connection to the Internet.

Also, if your “old” iPad was very old and had very old versions of apps, it will take time for newer app versions to downlaod to that new iPad, as well as loading the data inside of these apps.

It could take some significant time to finish installing these apps depending on how many apps you have installed on the “old” iPad.

New iPad apps still are loading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.