Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can HomePod minis pair into 5.1 or 7.2 sound system as wireless surround speakers? With an Apple TV of course.

Can HomePod minis pair into 5.1 or 7.2 sound system as wireless surround speakers? With an Apple TV of course.

Posted on Aug 31, 2021 11:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 5:53 PM

Yes! Put the pair in the same room as the Apple TV on the Home app, and then press and hold the TV button to bring up the “control center” (not sure the name on TVOS) and press the audio share button at the bottom left. Then, select the pair first, then select “TV speakers”. They should then both be selected. Then, I went to the TV audio settings, and there is a calibration setting. It uses your phone to calibrate the sound. I turned the speakers up and then put the phone in the center. It works! It may be tedious to set up but it works for me.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2021 5:53 PM in response to Audiomini

Yes! Put the pair in the same room as the Apple TV on the Home app, and then press and hold the TV button to bring up the “control center” (not sure the name on TVOS) and press the audio share button at the bottom left. Then, select the pair first, then select “TV speakers”. They should then both be selected. Then, I went to the TV audio settings, and there is a calibration setting. It uses your phone to calibrate the sound. I turned the speakers up and then put the phone in the center. It works! It may be tedious to set up but it works for me.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.