Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

install OS

I am trying to factory reset a 2014 MacBook Air. I erases the hard disk and restarted to reinstall the OS X Yosemite but when I get to the stage to select a disk to install on there is no disk to select. I am worried I have done something wrong. Any ideas ?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 1:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 1:58 AM

Was this method used as per Apple Support Docs >> How to erase an Intel-based Mac

Was this method used to Reinstall as per Apple Support Docs >> How to reinstall macOS especially this portion Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2021 1:58 AM in response to JasonBME

Was this method used as per Apple Support Docs >> How to erase an Intel-based Mac

Was this method used to Reinstall as per Apple Support Docs >> How to reinstall macOS especially this portion Follow these guidelines during installation:

• If the installer asks to unlock your disk, enter the password you use to log in to your Mac.
  • If the installer doesn't see your disk, or it says that it can't install on your computer or volume, you might need to erase your disk first.
  • If the installer offers you the choice between installing on Macintosh HD or Macintosh HD - Data, choose Macintosh HD.

install OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.