Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple iMac 24 M1 - Maximum Height

The new iMac has a height listed as 18.1 inches. However, I noticed that this is measured with the iMac tilted somewhat. I am dealing with a computer desk that has a shelf with a height of 18.5 inches, so it's a tight fit. It is the only place I can use this computer. All other dimensions are fine.

My question: I assume Apple feels this tilt is the optimum viewing experience but what is the straight up (maximum) height for this computer?

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 3:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 3:49 AM

The stand is tilted front, the display backwards = height 18.1 inches as listed. Go for it!

7 replies

Sep 1, 2021 6:02 AM in response to hcsitas

Guess what’s confusing me is the diagram shows the iMac tilted, albeit slightly, backward while showing the measurement of 18.1 inches. It wouldn’t be an issue if I didn’t have so little clearance at 18.5 inches.

I did text with an Apple pre-sales person but he insisted the diagram was wrong and the iMac measurement was indeed for it being perpendicular to the ground (maximum height). I didn’t feel comfortable with this answer. I would think the diagram would show the iMac as measured. He set up a call-back but it got disconnected.

Unfortunately I do not have an Apple Store anywhere near me. I do have a Best Buy but I don’t know how they would feel about me taking a tape measure to one of their demo units.

Apple iMac 24 M1 - Maximum Height

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.