Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv not showing app & I can't download from app store

My Apple TV has issues with Paramount+. I inherited the Apple TV hardware and have removed the previous user's account and added my own. If I try to download an app from the app store and I already have it; the app's "update" option requires me to log in with the prior owner's info. If I delete the app, then re-download, I can log in without problem.

My issue is that the Paramount+ app does not show in my apps but when I try to download it, it shows "update" and I need to login to the previous owner's account.

I'd prefer not to factory reset and lose all my settings. The Paramount+ app is the only one that has given me this issue.

Apple TV HD, tvOS 14

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 3:53 PM

inherited the Apple TV hardware

It is recommended to reset the device for a new owner, to get rid of all the previous user’s settings. Then you don’t have to search for all instances where the old account was used.

If I try to download an app from the app store and I already have it; the app's "update" option requires me to log in with the prior owner's info. If I delete the app, then re-download, I can log in without problem.

App Store apps stay linked to the account that was used to install them initially. That is why deleting and re-downloading would apply the new account to the fresh app.

My issue is that the Paramount+ app does not show in my apps but when I try to download it, it shows "update" and I need to login to the previous owner's account.

Then I believe this app is still installed on the device somewhere. Search the Home Screen and the folders.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2021 3:53 PM in response to jamescroci5

inherited the Apple TV hardware

It is recommended to reset the device for a new owner, to get rid of all the previous user’s settings. Then you don’t have to search for all instances where the old account was used.

If I try to download an app from the app store and I already have it; the app's "update" option requires me to log in with the prior owner's info. If I delete the app, then re-download, I can log in without problem.

App Store apps stay linked to the account that was used to install them initially. That is why deleting and re-downloading would apply the new account to the fresh app.

Then I believe this app is still installed on the device somewhere. Search the Home Screen and the folders.

apple tv not showing app & I can't download from app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.