Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monochrome Button in "View" menu of Videoscope Window Doesn't Work

The "Monochrome" button in the "View" pulldown menu in my videoscope window only occasionally works. What I mean is, I can click it and click it and click it and it does nothing. It stays checked if it started off checked, or unchecked if it started off unchecked. Eventually after enough tries it will toggle to the other setting. This doesn't happen with any other setting in FCP that I can see.

I've tried changing views, workspaces, reloading the library, restarting FCP and even restarting the computer. Nothing fixes it. The button still almost never works. Is anybody else seeing this ?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 4:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 4:41 PM

I've never experienced this. Did you try resetting FCP prefs? Hold down Command and Option while launching FCP and choose Delete Preferences. FCP will load the default Untitled library. Open the library you were working on, set the prefs the way you like and see if the problem is fixed.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2021 4:41 PM in response to rus5

I've never experienced this. Did you try resetting FCP prefs? Hold down Command and Option while launching FCP and choose Delete Preferences. FCP will load the default Untitled library. Open the library you were working on, set the prefs the way you like and see if the problem is fixed.

Monochrome Button in "View" menu of Videoscope Window Doesn't Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.