Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music

How do I sync my music with my new iPhone? I have music that I purchased actual albums since I was 18 and I am now 50, and uploaded them to my Mac and I can not get these albums on my iPhone without purchasing a subscription! This is messed up!

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 5:56 PM

If you don't want to subscribe to Apple Music, you can still sync your purchases between your Mac and iPhone.

If you've downloaded these songs through iTunes, you can redownload your songs using the iTunes Store app on your iPhone. Open the iTunes Store app, then tap ..., then Purchased, and you can download any songs you've purchased through iTunes if you're signed into the same Apple ID.

Redownload music - Apple Support

If you ripped these songs from CD or downloaded music from another source, you can still sync your Mac to your iPhone the old-fashioned way. Connect your iPhone to your Mac with a Lightning to USB cable, and your phone should appear in the Finder sidebar. In the button bar, click Music, then choose the songs you'd like to sync to your phone.

Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

If your Mac has macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, your phone won't show up in Finder, but you can still sync your Music using iTunes. The process should be very similar, but your phone will show up in the iTunes sidebar rather than the Finder sidebar.

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 1, 2021 5:56 PM in response to Elektra317

If you don't want to subscribe to Apple Music, you can still sync your purchases between your Mac and iPhone.

If you've downloaded these songs through iTunes, you can redownload your songs using the iTunes Store app on your iPhone. Open the iTunes Store app, then tap ..., then Purchased, and you can download any songs you've purchased through iTunes if you're signed into the same Apple ID.

Redownload music - Apple Support

If you ripped these songs from CD or downloaded music from another source, you can still sync your Mac to your iPhone the old-fashioned way. Connect your iPhone to your Mac with a Lightning to USB cable, and your phone should appear in the Finder sidebar. In the button bar, click Music, then choose the songs you'd like to sync to your phone.

Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Use the Finder to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

If your Mac has macOS Mojave 10.14 or earlier, your phone won't show up in Finder, but you can still sync your Music using iTunes. The process should be very similar, but your phone will show up in the iTunes sidebar rather than the Finder sidebar.

Use iTunes to sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer - Apple Support

Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.