Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV apps keep reinstalling themselves

How do I permanently delete an app on Apple TV? I have multiple Apple TVs in my home. When I try to delete an app on any single one of them it reinstalls almost instantly. How can I stop this?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 3:52 AM

What are the models? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

1. AFAIK, if you have One Home Screen set up for these Apple TVs, then it should be reverse: deleting on one, should delete it on all of them. However, re-installing on one of them, would then also bring it back on all of them.
  2. Force-quit these apps on all units, then try again.
  3. Restart all the devices, then try again.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2021 3:52 AM in response to Paul Hamlen

What are the models? Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

1. AFAIK, if you have One Home Screen set up for these Apple TVs, then it should be reverse: deleting on one, should delete it on all of them. However, re-installing on one of them, would then also bring it back on all of them.
  2. Force-quit these apps on all units, then try again.
  3. Restart all the devices, then try again.

Sep 2, 2021 8:16 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks very much. I actually have four - two of them are 4K and two of them are HD. The restarts / force quit did not seem to help. The issue appears to be related to One Home Screen - which I hadn't really considered. It was on. When I turned it off I was able to delete the apps permanently. I am assuming I will need to do this for each device. While not ideal I'm happy to have this workaround so thank you.

Apple TV apps keep reinstalling themselves

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.