Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV apps reinstall after deletion

Why does my Apple TV reinstall apps after I delete them? This has been happening randomly for the past several months. It is quite annoying to have to delete them every time it does this. I just turned off “Automatically Install Apps” from settings but that seems to be for apps that’s I install on my other devices.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 15

Posted on Jan 30, 2022 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 3:17 AM

If you have multiple Apple TV devices and if you have One Home Screen activated, then the home screens of all these devices will be synced, including for ‘missing’ apps. Could that be it?

Automatically Install Apps’ would install new apps that are available for Apple TV and have been recently installed on any of your other devices, as listed through your App Store account. It would not re-install deleted apps.

Previously gotten and deleted apps are listed in the App Store app, under Purchased﹥Not on this TV, and can be easily re-installed (without further authentication).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 31, 2022 3:17 AM in response to Craig Olson

If you have multiple Apple TV devices and if you have One Home Screen activated, then the home screens of all these devices will be synced, including for ‘missing’ apps. Could that be it?

Automatically Install Apps’ would install new apps that are available for Apple TV and have been recently installed on any of your other devices, as listed through your App Store account. It would not re-install deleted apps.

Previously gotten and deleted apps are listed in the App Store app, under Purchased﹥Not on this TV, and can be easily re-installed (without further authentication).

Feb 12, 2022 10:03 PM in response to Craig Olson

Yes, all that would be located on Apple TV (4th generation or later), tvOS 15.

1. Settings﹥Users and Accounts﹥[default user account name]﹥One Home Screen﹥On|Off
  2. Settings﹥Apps﹥Automatically Install Apps﹥Off|On
  3. App Store﹥Purchased﹥Not on this TV﹥[grid of app icons of deleted apps and/or apps from other devices]

Apple TV apps reinstall after deletion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.