Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone XR Sim Card issues

Hi,

I have been having issues with my iPhone XR detecting my SIM card. Couple of days ago my iPhone suddenly showed a ‘no sim’. I have done the following to rectify the issue; took the sim tray out and put the the sim back in, I have reset the network settings, factory reset device, restore from computer. The SIM card issue is not carrier related as It works on my iPhone 6s perfectly fine. I also found that by putting another SIM card in the device it works but when putting other SIM cards in the device it does not work (even though it works on my iPhone 6s).

This is quite a bizarre issue. Any advice is appreciated!

Posted on Sep 1, 2021 9:37 PM

6 replies

Sep 1, 2021 9:44 PM in response to Dan0284

You have done a complete set of troubleshooting the device (iPhone XR) including using different SIM cards. The results, according to your post, have been the same and that is that the SIM card is not detected in your iPhone XR. The SIM cards that you used, to determine the cause, work on other devices such as your iPhone 6s. You may have an issue with your SIM Card tray and you won't be able to confirm this unless you get another tray.

Based on your work and results, I have to recommend that you have your iPhone examined at the Apple Store or at an Auntorized Service Center for further diagnosis and resolution. You may also begin by contacting

Axel F.

Sep 1, 2021 11:06 PM in response to Dan0284

Hi Dan,

Thanks for correcting me. I thought that no SIM cards worked in your iPhone XR. You have just clarified that certain SIM cards work with your iPhone XR. This does NOT suggest that it is a SIM card tray issue. Disregard that advice.

How about visiting your carrier's store and getting a replacement SIM card for your current one? Take your iPhone XR and the non-working SIM card in it and get the SIM card replaced. IF this does not resolve the issue, then make the Apple Store visit.

Axel F.

iPhone XR Sim Card issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.