Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home App on iPhone - Bug in Siri Setup

I tried every suggestion to keep the Home app from asking me over and over and over and over to set up Siri, and no fix sticks. I've reset my HomePod mini, deleted the Home in the app and created a new one, disabled Siri and restarted my iPhone, set up Siri REPEATEDLY, and it STILL tells me to retrain Siri. The Home app on my iPhone is absolutely the buggiest and most frustrating app I've EVER used!

iPhone XR

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 1:50 PM

It usually just displays a badge to set up “hey Siri”. If it’s causing pop up notifications you can disable Home in notifications in settings on your iPhone.

Are you using Siri for touch & hold? Try at least using that setting and if it’s just your preference Siri cannot be summoned by pressing the top. You can change those settings to suit: Use Touch Accommodations on HomePod - Apple Support (CA)

If you keep setting HomePod back up again , it will ask you to set siri up. So set it up, then disable it. Agree to use it during set up

Update your software as well

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2021 1:50 PM in response to PBIStaran

It usually just displays a badge to set up “hey Siri”. If it’s causing pop up notifications you can disable Home in notifications in settings on your iPhone.

Are you using Siri for touch & hold? Try at least using that setting and if it’s just your preference Siri cannot be summoned by pressing the top. You can change those settings to suit: Use Touch Accommodations on HomePod - Apple Support (CA)

If you keep setting HomePod back up again , it will ask you to set siri up. So set it up, then disable it. Agree to use it during set up

Update your software as well

Home App on iPhone - Bug in Siri Setup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.