Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the Sleep App monitoring to determine when you are slaaping

What is the Sleep App monitoring to determine

when you are sleeping?

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 4:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 5:54 PM

You can set up a sleep schedule in the Health app, which will determine that you are "in bed" when your phone isn't active and it's your bedtime.

If you have an Apple Watch, your sleep schedule will sync to your watch, and your Apple Watch will use your bedtime, heart rate, and lack of activity to determine when you're sleeping.

Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone - Apple Support

You can also use a number of third-party apps that will sync with Apple Health.

AutoSleep Track Sleep on Watch - App Store

Sleep++ - App Store

Pillow: Sleep Cycle Tracker - App Store

You can find more third-party apps for Sleep by going to the Health app, tapping Sleep, then scrolling to the bottom.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 2, 2021 5:54 PM in response to RBDriver

You can set up a sleep schedule in the Health app, which will determine that you are "in bed" when your phone isn't active and it's your bedtime.

If you have an Apple Watch, your sleep schedule will sync to your watch, and your Apple Watch will use your bedtime, heart rate, and lack of activity to determine when you're sleeping.

Track your sleep on Apple Watch and use Sleep on iPhone - Apple Support

You can also use a number of third-party apps that will sync with Apple Health.

AutoSleep Track Sleep on Watch - App Store

Sleep++ - App Store

Pillow: Sleep Cycle Tracker - App Store

You can find more third-party apps for Sleep by going to the Health app, tapping Sleep, then scrolling to the bottom.

Sep 3, 2021 9:45 AM in response to bumbleben0

This does not tell me what the watch is tracking to determine if I am asleep or not. I understand it to be differences in my breathing which is interpreted by the watch as indicating that I am asleep or not. However I have work the watch two nights this week and both nights it shows I never slept for the 8+ hour I was in bed. The other functions work as far as monitoring my heart rate, activity level, etc. so I am wondering why the watch is showing I am not asleep when I am in bed and not moving. My doctor has seen the record of my sleep over the last several weeks and interprets it that I have sleep apnea and has ordered a sleep study. So again the question from me is what exactly is the watch monitoring to determine if I am asleep. If it is changes in my breathing pattern then so be it.

What is the Sleep App monitoring to determine when you are slaaping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.