Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my iPhone 12 drop the call while I’m texting another person

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Sep 2, 2021 4:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2021 12:15 PM

Hello emiyajima,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the issue you're having with your iPhone dropping calls when trying to text with a different person. If you haven't already, restart your iPhone as restarting can resolve many odd issues: Restart your iPhone

We notice you recently reviewed the resource for being unable to make or receive calls. Were you able to complete those steps too? Here's that link again, just in case: If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone

If the behavior remains, let us know more:

• Does this happen with anyone you text while on a call, or only certain contacts?
  • Are you using cellular data only, Wi-Fi, or both?

The more details you can share the better.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 3, 2021 12:15 PM in response to emiyajima

Hello emiyajima,

We're glad you thought to ask Apple Support Communities about the issue you're having with your iPhone dropping calls when trying to text with a different person. If you haven't already, restart your iPhone as restarting can resolve many odd issues: Restart your iPhone

We notice you recently reviewed the resource for being unable to make or receive calls. Were you able to complete those steps too? Here's that link again, just in case: If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone

If the behavior remains, let us know more:

• Does this happen with anyone you text while on a call, or only certain contacts?
  • Are you using cellular data only, Wi-Fi, or both?

The more details you can share the better.

Take care.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.